Mycoplasma bovis Recovery Advice Service
Find out about the Mycoplasma bovis Recovery Advice Service, the eligibility criteria, and how to apply.
About the service
The Mycoplasma bovis Recovery Advice Service helps farmers pay for business and technical advice on recovering from the effects of Mycoplasma bovis. It makes payments to eligible farmers of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) per property that's run as a separate business entity.
You will need to meet the difference if the total cost of the services you receive per property is greater than this amount.
Eligible farmers can decide what type of advice they need and choose their supplier from a pre-approved list.
Eligible farmers can apply by completing an application form and giving it to their chosen supplier.
Farmer application form [PDF, 138 KB]
Choose a supplier
You can select any supplier from the pre-approved list. If you’d like to use someone not on the list, you can ask them if they would consider joining the service.
To be pre-approved, suppliers must show they have the required capability, capacity and experience to advise the types of farm businesses affected by Mycoplasma bovis .
You can use more than one supplier or use a supplier from outside your region if you prefer.
List of pre-approved suppliers
- AG Design
- AgFirst Hawke's Bay
- AgFirst Gisborne
- AgFirst Manawatu-Whanganui
- AgFirst Waikato
- Brown Glassford and Co
- Dunham Consulting
- Enable Digital
- Macfarlane Rural Business
- Resilient Organisations
- Sheppard Agriculture
- Tambo New Zealand
- Walton Farm Consulting
What happens next?
The supplier will need to give you an estimate or quote for the agreed work. Once you've accepted this in writing, the supplier will inform the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). Then the work can start.
MPI will pay suppliers directly when we get their invoice and written confirmation from you that the agreed work has been delivered to your satisfaction.
Information for suppliers
M.bovis Recovery Advice Service Information for suppliers [PDF, 368 KB]
Supplier guide [PDF, 320 KB]
Supplier application form [PDF, 522 KB]
Find out more
To find out more about the service:
- ask your incident control point (ICP) manager or recovery coordinator
- email MPI's investment programmes team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 0800 00 83 33 (ask for the investment programmes team)
M.bovis Recovery Advice Service Information for farmers [PDF, 373 KB]
You’re eligible to use the service if:
- your property is currently a Restricted Place (RP) under section 130 of the Biosecurity Act 1993, due to Mycoplasma bovis
- your property has previously been a Restricted Place (RP) under section 130 of the Biosecurity Act 1993, due to Mycoplasma bovis
- you are a share milker or contract milker whose cattle have been impacted by being on a property that is, or was, an RP due to Mycoplasma bovis.
The types of advice you can get
The service can help you get a wide range of business and technical advice, including but not limited to:
- strategic planning, including farm business and whole farm plans
- land management and sustainable management techniques
- analysis of farm systems
- risk and recovery management
- business continuity
- modelling farm change scenarios
- alternate land-use options
- technical advice on soil, pastures, animal production, or feed budgeting
- financial planning and decision support
- farm accounts analysis.
Talk to your ICP manager or recovery coordinator if you’d like to discuss the help available to you.
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)